Friday, October 19

Not My 2 Front Teeth

Although my work here doesn't reflect it, I am an interior designer at heart.  Maybe not a good one, but I do like to mess with the interior of my house until it is "Just So"  - 

Just realized, I might be a landscape designer as well.....

There are many things I would like to do to our current house, a house that is not all that old and should be pretty much good to go, but I have that gene... the one that MAKES me dream up ways it could be better and cuter and more efficient and.... well, you get the picture.

Mr.M. gets the picture too. In fact I've sent him this picture twice this week

 

I have proposed the installation of a door from the yard into the laundry room. I've sent arguments as to why it would be a good idea....

"wouldn't THAT be a great place to let dogs in & out in the winter if there was a little deck and steps down AND a great place to go in and out when working in the yard so you didn't make a holy hell mess in the porch"

I don't even  know if we can do it because there are a lot of mechanical's on that side of the house and I haven't been out too look yet..... but I will.

So far Mr.M. has chosen not to respond..he must be too busy at work.... or, could it be he's planning a surprise? 

Maybe it'll be wrapped up under the  Christmas Tree...


3 comments:

kmkat said...

I'm pretty sure I have seen that same picture, or one very like, several times. Really, it makes so much sense. (except for people like me, who like to sort the laundry into piles on the floor). Good luck with the new door!

Annette said...

Having a door in the laundry room is an excellent idea. We had that in our old house and I miss it so much. Recently we moved and are searching to buy another home. It needs this feature.

=Tamar said...

It's the classic "mud room" concept. Get filthy gardening or whatever, come in and dump all clothing into the wash before going into the rest of the house. You do have to have slippers and a robe available.