Warning - I have no plan so this could be a rambler.
As I've alluded to over and over and over again my real life is at a stage of busy totally unknown until now. I'm not sure what I did, or how it happened, or why all of these things have converged on me at one time - but they have and I am left to deal with the mess.
I've learned some things about myself in the process....
- If I write exercise on the calendar - actually schedule it, I usually end up doing it.
- If I exercise every day the stress of the rest of the day subsides.
- Just because you exercised it doesn't mean you can't clean-up and still go to happy hour
- Happy hour with friends helps take some of that stress away too
- That doesn't mean I have a drinking problem, I could do happy hour with a diet coke and be just as happy.
- True friends are invaluable.
- I refuse to let my job own me, my status as a parent define me, or a single attribute make up who I am.
Tonight, after work, I'll make a trip to the gym, have a light dinner afterwards, make my shopping lists for tomorrow, wrangle some laundry, read a trashy novel (I need to update GoodReads Desperately - wish I could do it from my Nook!), enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine with my husband and probably crawl into bed early so I'm rested for a very busy Saturday.
All in all life isn't so bad... just busy...and sometimes that gets me down.