Friday, March 15

I was waiting for the white smoke....

So, post a whole bunch of stuff every day for 3 or 4 days and then dissapear with no explanation...awesome job following through with the commitment to the blog. 

I would LOVE to blame an impromtu spring break trip to the beach, but the closest thing I'm getting to the sun on my skin is the heater under my desk.



I could blame my anxiety over the lack of a pope to lead the Catholic church but you know what, I'm not that devote.  What I do know about Pope Francis is that I like his choice of name inspiration and I hope that his reported humility and humanitarianism is his true character. It has been my experience that power often reveals peoples true colors or changes them into people I don't like....  fingers crossed (whooo - boy I wonder what the church thinks about my using superstition in relation to the pope's character!)

SO!  There are THINGS and the are GOING ON and I am not talking about them here today because I am instead going to discuss the holiday which I technically have no reason to celebrate other than the fact that I like to celebrate!

I have created a nice little (for me) Pinboard devoted to the Holiday starting off with this gem!


I love Corned Beef. I never make it, and rarely order it because it is usually accompanied by Sauerkraut and I am not a fan of that. If you decide to make some corned beef..... maybe you could skip the sauerkraut and add some cheese..... 



or have it on the breakfast menu...



I also like holidays that feature desserts which are really specialty shakes from fast food restaurants.... I will admit to having one "REAL" specialty shake.  I'm going to try these home versions because I would like them year round & am intrigued with the idea of making it with less calories than my weekly allowance for "fun food"... made with frozen yogurt..



or with ice cream....


Of course my love of lime is welcome on this fun holiday too!
Key Lime Cake....



Okay, You know what I REALLY mean...





There are a lot of other ideas on my Pinboard if you are looking for St. Patricks Day inspiration; even some healthy suggestions and things for the kids... I don't spend all my time thinking about fattening food and alcoholic drinks.   

I'll be celebrating on Saturday night, and hope that regardless of when or where you celebrate you'll remember the sober driver or the cab. 


No comments: