Friday, March 22

From The State Of Hockey to Music City USA

I'm feeling a little envious of quite a few people in my life who have just been to or are getting ready to leave for warm places.  I could use a dose of vitamin D, on a beach, where its 75 in the shade....

I'm dissapointed in myself for not figuring out a way to take a spring break vacation to somewhere warm and beachy this year.  Every person in my house could have used 3 or 4 days in the warm sun, with no responsibilities and no list of things to do.

I am, however, going to get a non-beach weekend getaway in the coming month and will take recommendations for things to do, places to see, and places to dine in the city I'm headed to.  


Source: flickr.com via Cursing on Pinterest



We don't have an enormous amount of time to devote to our own pursuits (some of my time is already filled with work requirements) so if anyone has been....or lives there.....we'll take your advice!

I know I want to see the Ryman and Grand Old Opry - but I don't know if I need to see a show or tour either venue...





I know I need to see a Painted Guitar and maybe buy a pair of boots....


Source: via Cursing on Pinterest



Because I watch Nashville... I am hoping to make it to the Bluebird Cafe.


Source: imdb.com via Cursing on Pinterest



I know I won't get to hear Scarlet sing, but if I happen to bump into a star or two.. that wouldn't be awful either.



Source: google.com via Cursing on Pinterest




I hear the thrift shopping in Nashville is awesome, and I wish I could spend a day thrift shopping alone.... but I'm traveling by airplane and the baggage rules are horrible and costly when you can't carry on a dresser. Bugger!

I've started a Pinterest board for vacations....and I'm finding it to be a great tool for organizing and sharing what I've learned and found so far for this trip and I plan on using it for more trips I'm hoping to take.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hope you have a great trip! :)

Jeanne said...

Arnold's Country Kitchen. They only do lunch and be sure to bring a defibrillator. They are right near downtown. Get there early or the line is out the door.

KinnicChick said...

LOL to the defib comment. :)

I don't know anything about Nashville. I was there once. In the bus depot. With 75 other high school marching band geeks. On our way to Orlando to perform at Disney. I met my future first husband on that trip. Good times.

But Nashville? Yeah, I don't know anything. Sorry. Have fun!